I've been putting it off for months now, but I'm not sure I can avoid it anymore.
I must blog.
It won’t be pretty, and it won’t be often, and it won’t be pretty often. The most I can say is that you may or may not, sometimes, but not often, find things herein that are, and nothing that is not. I’m afraid I can’t offer much more than that.
Now, for recent news:
· Last night I finished the next (and hopefully final) draft of my book and sent it off to my editor at Simon & Schuster. The page count is now 525 pages. We’re still looking at a Fall 2011 release date.
· This morning, we settled on a new name (THE MONSTER HUNTERS is no more). The series name is now THE HUNTER CHRONICLES, and the first book is RETURN TO EXILE.
· It looks like John Rocco has signed on to do the cover art and 40 internal illustrations for the book. John did all the cover art for the Percy Jackson series. I couldn’t be more thrilled!
· My agent and the head publisher of the children’s division at S&S pitched my book to Plan B (Brad Pitt’s production company) a few weeks ago. We’re not officially pushing the film until the book comes out next Fall, but I understand it got a warm reception.
Now, for older news:
· April 2010, I sold the first two books in a series to Simon & Schuster in a two-book pre-empt deal. The first book is now going through final edits. I have yet to write the second. For the two books, I received an advance against royalties that allows me to write full time.